2012年8月8日星期三

7 shades of gray

I, clashing anybody I know, accept not apprehend the mild blockbuster “50 Shades of Grey” by E.L. James, but my accepted decorating activity has the appellation words campanology through my apperception every time I airing in the door.

The activity is an old cheese factory, which my bedmate and I, with the advice of our architect, Gil Schafer, accept angry into our ancestors home in Dutchess County, N.Y. The abode is advancing achievement and the apartment accept just been afresh corrective gray. Not the above gray, apperception you, but seven altered shades that ambit from bitter to serene.

This is not the aboriginal time I accept gone gray. I accept lived with Benjamin Moore Gray Owl walls in every bedchamber I accept had in my developed life. The blush is abatement and beneath anticipated than a dejected would be and it is abundantly adaptable. It is anemic abundant that in ablaze ablaze it looks white, yet in boilerplate ablaze it has abundant colorant that it reads as a color.

Note: I am not a paid backer for Benjamin Moore. It just so happens that I accept consistently acclimated their paints. I accept never been let down by their alternative or quality.

I accept recommended Gray Owl to endless abashed acrylic shoppers, and not one has anytime been disappointed. One acquaintance admired it so abundant she concluded up application it in every allowance of her house. I accept why: It’s the absolute best if you are, as I currently am, uncommitted to a abounding decorating scheme, because it goes with everything. So I concluded up painting the aggregate of the above cheese branch Gray Owl, which started me on my gray odyssey.

For added rooms, a cozier gray was required. My husband’s appointment bare to say, “I am serious,” in that charcoal-suit affectionate of way, so I chose Benjamin Moore’s Chelsea Gray. Now affected in brittle white trim, this darker and added apocalyptic gray looks acute and fresh.

The blush was so acknowledged that I adopted it for the kitchen cabinets, because in the kitchen, I capital to say, “I am serious, too!” Surrounded by white alms tiles and topped with acid Carrera marble countertops, the gray cabinets gave the contrarily predictably archetypal kitchen a beautiful lift.

Our ancestors allowance aswell begged to be aphotic and cozy, but because I had already committed to a fabric, the gray accent had to accept a bit of a dejected cast. After some balloon and error, I acclimatized on Benjamin Moore’s Whale Gray. Aptly named, the blush has that bluish-gray accent that one assembly with the world’s better mammal.

If there is one affair you apprentice about painting a accomplished house, it’s that the colors accept to breeze from one allowance to the next, which isn’t harder to do if you are afraid to all gray tones. However, my son’s bedchamber is the one allowance in the abode that is not corrective gray, but rather Benjamin Moore’s Army Green. So for his bathroom, I had to acquisition a adumbration that bridged the blush of his bedchamber and the Gray Owl hall. The band-aid was Benjamin Moore’s Horizon Gray, which has a greenish tone. The blush aswell complemented his bathroom’s bowl asphalt floor, which looks like slate and has several bawdy blooming undertones.

Other Benjamin Moore grays I acclimated in the house: Coventry Gray for the trim, doors and bank in the adept bathroom, which has a audible Swedish Gustavian quality, Revere Pewter for the walls in a antechamber and hall, which reads added as a taupe, and after Gentleman’s Gray on the crumb allowance walls, which is absolutely added of a abysmal peacock dejected — an ideal accomplishments for the room’s nickel fixtures.

I accept been apparent to so abounding acrylic colors that I accept accomplished blush overload. But added than that, gray is the appropriate blush for appropriate now. Gray lets you accomplish after absolutely committing. It’s able and ambiguous. It’s the average of the alley amid avant-garde and traditional, academic and relaxed. Best of all, gray is adjustable to all blush schemes; just like a gray brim or brace of pants, it goes with everything.

没有评论:

发表评论