2013年6月18日星期二

PaySmart launches EMV offering in the cloud using Multos

PaySmart's Software as a Service (SaaS) approach to EMV uses cloud computing technology and MULTOS to dramatically reduce the complexity and time required to conduct an EMV migration project, especially for independent EMV issuers.

"Everything is executed under a class 5 datacenter with disaster recovery and redundancy in two separate cities, a mission-critical environment supporting high-volume transactions and the same infrastructure used by major banks, insurance companies and credit cards companies worldwide. With paySmart, an issuer can start issuing chip cards in 30 days, with almost zero investments and paying a flat, monthly fee, only for cards which are actually generating revenues. Depending on the requirements, low cost MULTOS Step/One cards can be issued, which helps to reduce the total cost of ownership of the solution", explains Daniel Nunes de Oliveira, Business Development Director of paySmart.

Oliveira reveals why MULTOS simplifies the issuance model for paySmart: "the beauty of MULTOS for us is that we can perform data preparation in the cloud and send enciphered files directly to the cards, using card personalization bureaus or instant issuance printers. What was once risky, complex and used to take a long time to deploy, has now become low risk, simple and very fast. It is not necessary to invest in infrastructure and in human resources - all software and hardware is already plugged in,Ceramic tile, in a secure, private cloud."

Julio Rost, paySmart's Marketing Coordinator says, "The idea of the new brand is to help us to communicate to customers and partners that in addition to the Smartcon products and services that have made us leaders in this industry, we are now providing EMV technology as a service, a complete offer for independent issuers who want to migrate from magstripe to chip, quickly and efficiently".

So, earlier this month I went with my lil bro to my first significant live poker event. In Troia near Lisbon in Portugal. Free hotel, Dad offering to pay for the flights – free holiday! With the chance to turn a profit playing poker…who could say no!? I tried to qualify online a few times and reached the third and final tier three times. Close but no cigar. Ah, but there are satellites when we are there….

I’m moved tables four times and I take advantage of both my chip stack and the players lack of knowledge of me to make some more moves and I’m looking pretty damn good. We’re getting down to the bubble and I’m thinking take it easy. No rash moves. Give me the rubbish I had day 1. But 77 in first position…I make a min raise. I get an all in for another min raise and call it down. His AK hits but I’m still looking fine….then an all in ahead of me and I’m looking down at 10,10. I want to slow down and let someone bust out, but I’ve got the 5th best starting hand and it would only be 2/5 of my stack to call. Too tempting. He has Jacks. Sigh. They hold up. Sigh again. Then someone busts and it’s the final ten.

Final Table – there’s me on around 30K, same-ish as three other players. The blinds are 4k and 8k, owch. I get dealt the button so the other three shorties have to go through the blinds before me. Just don’t be tenth I think, just don’t. The other short stacks make moves all in, don’t get called. Survive a round. I look down at KQs in first position. AHHHHHH! First position! The blinds have to go through the short stacks again so I let it go. And agonise about it since. I’ve then got nowt when I face all ins on my blinds. Its ok I’m thinking, I can take one blinds hit since they have to take the blinds again before me. I steal some blinds on the button against my new best friend for the day Diogo. He doesn’t look happy but neither am I. The short stacks move all in again…and survive. The blinds hits me again with nowt, nowt again, nowt again. Guy to my right goes all in. By now I’m starting to worry, expecting to look down at a 7 and “the rules for playing poker card” that comes with the deck, but low and behold KK! My meagre stack goes in, and the big blind moves all in too.

The first all in guy shows AK. Perfect. He has three aces against my kings. Couldn’t ask for better. The second caller shows Q7. Q7!?!? He’s thinking there are more cards to bust me, but the AK has him covered chipwise so if he’s third he’s out and if he’s second he’s crippled. These are the two most likely outcomes, even not knowing the cards. Stupid move. But hey, I’ll take em all day. I’m 60%ish percent with double the chips on offer. Can’t ask for better. Flop is;

So I’m out at the same time as AK but my stack is shortest so I’m tenth. With nowt. I stare disbelievingly, try to weasel a joint ninth place finish, then rap the table, say good game, and walk away to swear and drink. Poker can be so cruel at times. But overall the experience was good. Statistically I was better than one in seven players in that sat, and since Mr. Q7 had already sucked out on me one earlier on when he was underdog I definitely had the better of him too.

Mint holiday, nearly free…and as lil bro already said, I won the 20 Euros bet offering him 10/1 odds that he couldn’t catch a fish in the marina with his bare hands. I’m watching him, howling with laughter, and one of the Portuguese poker lads walks over and see’s the Golem impression going on. ‘What are you doing?’ he says.

However, the school district is not willing to fund the project alone. It will cost $30,000 to employ a coordinator. SD71 committed $10,000 and is hoping other stakeholders will also chip in.

"It's not just a school project," said Taylor. "It's bigger and more sophisticated than that. It involves municipalities, schools and other stakeholders as well. So because so many components of the community are involved it needs to be championed of some kind. And because we've already been doing a lot of work in schools like bike rodeos, we're part of the push behind this."

"We need to have every one aligned. We need adequate funding for a coordinator because from our experienced, the coordinator is key to making all of these happen. We're just a volunteer group and already have our hands full with our own activities. We're willing to help out with this but we don't have anyone that's going to take this on. It needs to be a part-time paid position for someone to do all the coordination involved."

没有评论:

发表评论